EXISTENZE
I cannot exist without others. It is only in the presence of entities other than the “Self” does the concept of “Self” hold meaning. Therefore I derive an Identity, Uniqueness, Individuality, not because I alone exist, but because there exists a crowd of “Others”, each who defines himself by using every other person (including myself) as a reference.
Continuing along the same line of thought, it perhaps may not be too far-fetched to conclude that god himself exists because of his creations. His creations are what define him although his creations might not necessarily BE him. Something on the lines of how I exist because of the multitude of cells, molecules,atoms etc constituting my being AND YET, I am much more than the sum of my constituent parts in terms of my CONSCIOUSNESS.
Does this imply that the “Universe IS God” (or at least, is his physical manifestation).If so, is the phrase “God created the universe” misleading? Is “God creating the Universe” and the “Universe creating God” synonymous??? God, in order to have created the Universe, should have existed before the universe and also, should continue to exist long after the Universe ceases to exist. In other words, he should be capable of existing independent of whether the universe exists or not. But consider the analogy wherein “My Body (read, the universe) is ME ( read, God). I cannot exist without my body. Neither before it nor after it. Therefore, a God whose existence is defined by his Universe would then be born , would exist and eventually, will die along with the birth and the death of the Universe (so much for eternal!!)
Enough for now. Time to headbang to some Japanese heavy metal. I think, therefore I am, therefore I headbang!!! Arigataou gusaimasu!!!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment